What's a Muleskinner, anyway?

My name is Deke Dickerson. I'm a full-time musician, with lots of interests. One of those interests is writing. I write for guitar magazines such as Guitar Player, Fretboard Journal, and Vintage Guitar. I also write music articles, liner notes, and books that accompany box sets.

Once, a long time ago, I thought it was weird to have your own web site. Then, I thought that myspace and Facebook were immature (turns out I was right about that one, but I'm on them anyway). When I heard the word "blog," I decried I would never have one. And yet, here I am. Enjoy...

Monday, October 17, 2011

From the book "Appalachian Portraits" by Shelby Lynn Adams

Yes, these photos are real.

Don't forget to attend "HILLBILLYFEST" this Saturday night at Joe's in Burbank, CA.





2 comments:

  1. Zaysus. never seen anything like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou for sharing, brings back memories of my Granny, my maiden name happens to be Dickerson,

    ReplyDelete