What's a Muleskinner, anyway?

My name is Deke Dickerson. I'm a full-time musician, with lots of interests. One of those interests is writing. I write for guitar magazines such as Guitar Player, Fretboard Journal, and Vintage Guitar. I also write music articles, liner notes, and books that accompany box sets.

Once, a long time ago, I thought it was weird to have your own web site. Then, I thought that myspace and Facebook were immature (turns out I was right about that one, but I'm on them anyway). When I heard the word "blog," I decried I would never have one. And yet, here I am. Enjoy...

Monday, November 8, 2010

GUITAR MUSEUM AT THE GEEKFEST, 2010

NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART

Okay, now that I'm getting ready for Guitar Geek Festival 2011, I'm looking at the Museum from last year and wondering--how can we ever top that?  This makes my knees weak.  We had heavyweights like Lynn Wheelwright bringing incredible instruments like Alvino Rey's Frying Pan-in-A-Gibson-Body steel guitar and Speedy West's homemade steel guitar, Elaine Frizzell brought Joe Maphis' original Mosrite Octave Neck from his doubleneck, Adam Tober had the world's largest G.L. Stiles collection as well as Dolly Parton's pink Mosrite acoustic....a frighteningly real Bigsby electric guitar--it was pretty intense!


Geeks, be sure to wear shades when you look at this.  I won't be responsible for your medical bills.  Photos by the Geekfest Staff Photographer Spencer Hunt.










No comments:

Post a Comment